It’s Been A Bit Of A Rough Day

So this morning, I woke up and I turned over and staring at me was my digital clock flashing 8:33 AM, WHAT?! How is it possible to be awake that early without an Alarm clock? To make it even worse, nobody can get up on an odd number, they’re not stupid. Everyone gets up at 35 minutes past, or 10 past, no-one can get up at 8:01 or 8:16, you’ve always got to round it up to the next five minutes. Why? 

Anyway, I get up and I watched the last hour of Lorraine Kelly, and then tossed a coin between Jeremy Kyle or Homes Under The Hammer. I’ll cut a long story short, I ended up watching Homes Under The Hammer because the BBC doesn’t have any advert breaks. But then when I went to make myself a coffee, I only had those crappy Nescafe 3-in-1 and a large mug. Life was not going to plan. Someone who shall remain nameless (my Dad) had used the last of the Nescafe Black Gold. So I was forced to drink this, what can only be described as, hot water with a hint of coffee, milk and sugar, whilst watching Lucy Alexander and Martin Roberts check out some derelict buildings, offering they’re advice and then get secretly angry at those who don’t take their advice.

So, I woke up ridiculously early, on an odd number, and had crappy coffee.

Then, this is where it all went south. I was tidying the house for when my parents got home. So, I opened up all the doors and windows in the house to let the fresh air blow through. Imagine the picture, there I am, tidying up the kitchen, wiping down the counter tops, when all of a sudden, from the conservatory I heard this almighty


So I rushed into the conservatory, and there, sitting on MY chair, was a bloody great bird! Staring at me with its beady eyes. And when it saw me see it, it got really angry  and started to flap it wings. Now I had no idea what to do in this instance, so I did the first thing that came to mind and shut the door from the conservatory, into the house and refused to go out there until my father got home.

When my dad did get home, I explained to him what had happened and when we went out to the conservatory, the bird and pooed everywhere, but was now sleeping on my chair. So my dad threw a dish towel on the bird to stop him from struggling, then picked him gently up and put him outside where he flew away gracefully.

I then attempted to re-string my E-string on my guitar, which took me half an hour to get the string to stay in the bloody hole on the tuning peg and then when I attempted to tune it, it snapped again and hit me in the face and hand. Needless to say, I cried. And kicked the string that had flown across the floor.

The time was now 5pm and we were supposed to be meeting my grandfather for dinner at 6 and I still hadn’t got ready. So I rushed through getting dressed and then put on my make up. Then the restaurant we went to was really spooky and we were the only people in there. The waiters didn’t wait on us, we had to go up to the bar and order our food ourselves.

For some reason, me and my Granddad were the ones nominated to go up to the bar, so off we went and for reasons that are still unclear, I had a bit of a mental breakdown on the way back to the table and just burst into tears. I still have no idea why, almost six hours later.

Anyway, I must go off to bed, as I have a job interview in the morning. So wish me luck guys.

Happy Reading


What are your thoughts?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s