I’ve been tagged in a post! I don’t know whether you know or not, but I can’t resist a tag post! I was tagged by the bookiful Tash at thebookiemonsters. So without further ado, more information about me as a reader.
What are your top Three Book Pet Hates?
1. Books that aren’t looked after, by this I don’t mean well read and dogeared, I mean when pages have fallen out or are ripped.
2. Books that are really hyped up and they turn out to be really boring or really unrealistic.
3. Books that have multiple stories for the sole reason of bulking up the book, and the characters aren’t very developed.
Describe Your Perfect Reading Spot
This is the one thing I will have to have when I move in with my significant other, when I find them. I have always wanted a window seat with a large bay window and a soft padding where you sit, and the sunlight pours in through the window. My perfect reading spot would be a library with this window seat.
Tell Us Three Book Confessions
1. I am not in love with John Green. I do enjoy his stories, but I feel his characters are very two dimensional. I also think once you’ve read one of his books, you’ve pretty much read all of them.
2. I love reading romance in books. It makes me feel happy and I feel like I’m falling in love with them too.
3. I have never pulled an allnighter to finish a book. It is definately on my bucket list.
When was the Last Time You Cried During a Book?
The Book Thief by Mark Zuzak. That book. Jut everything about that book was perfect. But it still made me cry.
How Many Books are On Your Beside Table?
Two or three I’d say. I have the main one I’m reading, one that I pick up when I’m too tired to focus on my main book and one that is my next main read.
What is your Favourite Snack to Eat While You’re Reading?
I don’t really have a favourite snack. If I’m eating its usually because I’m on my lunch, so I will eat whatever I have bought, if I’m just reading I don’t tend to eat.
Name Three Books You Would Recommend to Everyone
1. The Book Thief by Mark Zuzak
2. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
3. Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Housseni
Show Us a Picture of Your Favourite Shelf on Your Bookcase.
My bookcase is very old and the books have actually broken one of the shelves’s tabs so my middle shelf is being held up by twigs. That is dedication friends! But I couldn’t decide out of these two bookshelves which was my favourite, so I’ll show you both.
This is my classic shelf. Its full of classic novels. the Books are: Aesop’s Fables, Arabian Nights, Hans Christian Anderson’s Fairytales, Grimms Fairytales, The Wind in the Willows Larkrise to Candleford, Charles Dicken’s Christmas Carol, From the Earth to the Moon, Peter Pan, Peter Pan in Scarlet, Enid Blyton’s Br’er Rabbit’s a Rascall, Little Women, Henry V, Black Beauty, Dr Jeckell and Mr Hyde and Silas Marner.
This Of course. My Harry Potter shelf. It had to be included. Didn’t it? Those of you who are true Potterheads will notice there is a book missing. I’m re-reading the series. Both of these shelves were the books my Dad used to read to me when I was little. So I chose them for nostalgic reasons and also because they are bloody awesome books.
Write How Much Books Mean To You In Three Words
The Whole World
What is Your Biggest Reading Secret?
Whenever I walk past a bookstore I always have a look in the children’s section to see if they have any of the ones I read. And if there are, I buy them. I claim I buy them for my Nephew for when he’s older. But there is at least four years of enjoyment I’m getting out of them.
Who I’m Tagging:
All of you lovely people! Please leave your links in the comments box and I’ll be sure to take a look!